Relaxation as Healing
When people talk about relaxation, it’s often framed as something that’s not vital or important. Truth is, relaxation is one of the healthiest practices you can incorporate into your daily life.
Chronic, and even daily stress can take a toll on both our physical and mental health. Studies show that regular relaxation can help reduce many chronic health concerns as well as restore energy and encourage a more positive sense of self.
Some of the benefits from decreasing stress and increasing relaxation are:
- Decreased heart rate and respiration rate
- Lowered blood pressure and increased blood flow
- Decrease in anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Relaxed muscles
- Reduced pain (long-term illnesses, chronic conditions)
- A boost in energy and better sleep patterns
- A sense of calmness and confidence
- Improved coping abilities
Relaxation is the name of the game at Twisted Roots Chicago because we tend to spend a lot of our time in “fight or flight” and our bodies function their best and heal themselves in “rest and digest”. This is why you won’t fins any “deep tissue” services – the aim of my offerings is to allow you to pause, come back into your body and begin to heal yourself.
(you can read more about why I don’t offer “deep tissue” HERE)