Chinese Cupping Therapy
What is Cupping?
Cupping is an ancient therapy used for pain reduction, boosting the body’s immune system, and releasing rigid soft tissue. Cupping therapy has been used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for centuries, and the results that this simple treatment produces are impressive.
I offer both Air Cupping (done with a hand-held pneumatic pump) and traditional Fire Cupping (done with 🔥FIRE). Both techniques are painless, yet highly effective.
Why Cupping Therapy?
- Great for fighting dermatological diseases, such as abscesses, pimples, boiles, or acne. This is due to purification of the skin and improvement of skin respiration.
- Aids in the prevention of liver disease because stagnant and senile corpuscles are taken out. Impurities in the blood are also removed, allowing the blood to flow through the liver better.
- Improves circulation by making the veins stronger. Arterial muscles are also strengthened because congested blood is eliminated.
- Helpful in treating gastrointestinal disease by aiding in the secretion of essential digestive fluids. The body can then absorb nutrients better.
- Organically heals rheumatic diseases, which has been scientifically proven. Cupping therapy is a good alternative to medications, as it helps in overall blood flow so that the body can get the vitamins, oxygen, nutrients, and hormones that it needs.
- Benefits the nervous system by improving neuron communication.
Further Benefits of Cupping Therapy
- flushes lactic acid & stagnant blood from acute & chronically contracted muscles
- breaks up adhesions in soft tissue
- relieves pain from sciatica, back pain, shin splints, whiplash & other conditions
- alleviates discomfort from respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis & the common cold
- boost the immune system
- encourages a sufficient supply of nutrition and blood circulation to muscle & skin tissues
- moves old blood & lymph fluid out of soft tissue
- increases secretion of digestive fluids &relives chronic gastroenteritis & colon blockages
- Watch My Cupping Q&A Video!
COSMETIC CUPPING – LEARN MORE
Contact An Experienced Chicago Cupping Therapist
Let a knowledgeable and skilled Cupping therapist help you feel better. Call today at 224-585-9785 or click the "Book Now" button below.
Gua Sha is abrading the skin with pieces of smooth jade, bone, animal tusks or horns or smooth stones until red spots, then bruising cover the area to which it is done. It is believed that this treatment is for almost any ailment including cholera. The red spots and bruising take 3 to 10 days to heal, there is often some soreness in the area that has been treated.
The purpose of Gua Sha is to address stagnant energy, called chi, which is believed to be responsible for inflammation. Inflammation can cause a wide range of conditions that can cause chronic pain.
Gua Sha is typically performed on the buttocks, legs, arms, and neck.
The Benefits of Gua Sha
- Helps deal with inflammation related to conditions that cause liver inflammation.
- Helps relieve migraine headaches.
- Relieves breast engorgement after giving birth.
- Relieves neck pain.
- Has been shown to reduce the symptoms of Tourette Syndrome.
- Provides relief from perimenopause symptoms that include fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, hot flashes, and more
Contact A Skilled Gua Sha Therapist in Chicago
Having to deal with compromised health negatively effects your quality of life. Gua Sha has been shown in a number of case studies to be effective in dealing with a wide range of conditions. Call Twisted Roots Chicago today at 224-585-9785 or click the "Book Now" button below.